On Sept. 19, 2019, we received the good news from Clarivate Analytics (former Thomson Reuters Intellectual Property and Science Business) that Translational Pediatrics (TP) has been indexed in Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) and all the articles published since 2017 will be included. The first impact factor of TP will be released in the second quarter of 2020.
TP is the 13th journal of AME Publishing Company included by SCIE, following the other twelve sister journals:
- Journal of Thoracic Disease (http://jtd.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 2.027);
- Translational Cancer Research (http://tcr.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 1.07);
- Hepatobiliary Surgery and Nutrition (http://hbsn.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 3.911);
- Quantitative Imaging in Medicine and Surgery (http://qims.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 3.074);
- Annals of Translational Medicine (http://atm.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 3.689);
- Annals of Cardiothoracic Surgery (http://www.annalscts.com) (impact factor: 2.895);
- Translational Lung Cancer Research (http://tlcr.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 4.806);
- Translational Andrology and Urology (http://tau.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 2.113);
- Gland Surgery (http://gs.amegroups.com) (Impact factor: 1.922);
- Cardiovascular Diagnosis and Therapy (http://cdt.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 2.006);
- Annals of Palliative Medicine (http://apm.amegroups.com) (impact factor: 1.262);
- Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology (http://jgo.amegroups.com) (its first impact factor will be released in the second quarter of 2020).
Translational Pediatrics is an open access, peer-reviewed journal launched in July 2012. It publishes articles in all aspects of health care in newborns, children and adolescents. Dr. Yu-Jia Yang and Dr. Zhigang Cao serve as the Editors-in-Chief. As a journal with an international perspective and focus on diversity, we pride ourselves on having a powerful and efficient editorial team (Figures 1,2) from all over the world.
Upholding AME’s philosophy and standards in running journals, TP has published a great number of high-quality articles since it was launched. In 2019, the majority of the corresponding authors of TP come from USA, followed by Germany, UK, New Zealand and China (Figure 3).
Up to now, we have published 29 issues, among which there are 14 focused issues (Table 1) on different topics and we will have 2 upcoming focused issues (Table 2) with a particular focus on pediatric heart transplantation and neurodevelopmental and neurobehavioral disorders in children in 2019. Moreover, we are pleased to announce that TP will be a bi-monthly publication from Oct. 01, 2019, in order to bring more high-quality contents for readers around the world.
Looking back into the past, TP encountered various difficulties, met different challenges, and sharpened itself step by step after being tempered by these valuable tests. Till Aug. 01, 2019, the number of total citations of TP has increased to 899 (Figure 4). Furthermore, the retrieval of TP in PubMed keeps a steady upward tendency during the past years (Figure 5).
Currently, TP has been indexed by PubMed/PMC, Scopus and SCIE. We can’t achieve this without the continuous support and contributions of TP’s editorial board members, guest editors, authors, reviewers and readers. We hereby would like to extend our sincere gratitude to all the contributors.
Conflicts of Interest: The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare.